Our Styling Tips for the Bride
- Fifty shades of white: A white wedding dress is usually a given for most ceremonies. But don’t worry because white has so many facets to offer. It comes in a wide variety of shades and nuances to suit every (skin) type. After all, it doesn’t always have to be a Cinderella wedding dress in a demure pure white. Other beautiful alternatives include cream, eggshell, champagne and delicate shades of gold.
- Material girl: Especially because the color is limited, you can have all the more fun playing with the material when buying a wedding dress. A wedding dress with sparkling details adds a certain depth to the look. And a wedding dress in satin offers not only an incredibly chic shimmer, but also looks feminine and elegant.
- Traditional or modern? The beauty of a wedding dress with lace is unmatched, no question about it. But you can also play around with contemporary elements. How about considering a linear A-line wedding dress? It looks so laid-back and unique! And simple wedding dresses that have high necklines and are made of no-nonsense materials are often not only easier to wear, but also look much cooler. Things can also get quite sexy with a backless wedding dress. And for church, it could be a good idea to have a matching jacket or veil if needed.
- Keep it civil: When it comes to a wedding dress for a civil ceremony, you can definitely take a more relaxed route, since it’s not as glamorous and festive as a church wedding. A short wedding dress with a swirling skirt is always an excellent choice. Elegant sheath dresses can also be ideal for getting married in a civil ceremony. And a jumpsuit not only looks radiant and extravagant, but also makes it even easier for you celebrate your wedding day in relaxed style. And who’s to say you can’t go for an edgy wedding dress?
- Dance the night away! The most beautiful wedding dresses are those that are also comfortable and that you feel absolutely wonderful wearing. After all, you’re planning to do some serious celebrating and to dance until the wee hours. So when you’re trying on dresses, don’t forget to give them a dance test!
- Four seasons! Would you rather get married in spring, summer, fall or winter? It’s good to plan your wedding dress to suit the season. That way you can avoid any unnecessary sweating or freezing during the ceremony.
- Couple goals: Of course, your dream wedding dress should also match your groom or bride. One tip: Especially with a wedding dress for a civil ceremony in an alternative color, it’s a good idea to buy a matching pocket square for the wedding suit.
- Too many cooks spoil the broth: The saying also applies when you’re buying your wedding dress. Regardless of whether you look for your wedding dress in one of our boutiques or for bridal fashion online in our shop: It can obviously be helpful to have a second or third opinion, but it’s best for the group not to be too big when you start your search. Too many opinions can end up making it more difficult to make a decision.
What Kind of Wedding Dress Will Suit My Figure Best?
First and foremost, there’s no such thing as problem zones, just the wrong clothing. The right silhouette can not only accentuate specific areas, but can also conceal others if desired. Here are a few tips on how you can work magic with the right bridal fashion for women:
As a short woman, you can accentuate your waist with a classic fit & flare wedding dress. It will make your legs look longer and will make you look a bit taller. The silhouette is also perfect for concealing wider hips.
A wedding dress with a mermaid skirt, in contrast, creates a beautiful, curvy silhouette even if you have a less defined waist.
In larger sizes, it’s an ideal option to go with slim silhouettes with draping across the middle of the body. The draping makes so-called problem zones disappear instantly while also adding stylish detail.
Very tall women are always good to go with bridal fashion for women that creates a slim, elegant silhouette.
And if you would rather not show your arms, that still doesn’t mean you have to choose a wedding dress with sleeves. We have, for example, numerous designs with capes in our assortment. These pieces also cover your arms, but the look is much more delicate and playful than a classic long-sleeved wedding dress.
Would you like to find out more about Talbot Runhof bridal fashion? Feel free to make a wedding dress consultation appointment at one of our boutiques. And you can also find a wide variety of spectacular designer wedding dresses online. Regardless of where you buy your wedding dress – you’re about to start the most fashionable step towards your happy future as a couple.