Styling Tips for your Dinner Outfit
- Business insider: When it comes to business dinner outfits, it’s better to show restraint and let your expertise stand out instead. Casual dinner outfits aren’t encouraged, either. Under certain circumstances, it could appear careless. It’s best to stick to tried-and-tested classics. The little black dress or other muted tones are always a safe bet. On the other hand, colors aren’t just restricted to the meal. A colorful dinner dress will create a good atmosphere. If you go this route, then be sure to focus on simple, elegant cuts.
- Love is in the air! A dinner date outfit offers you much more freedom. You are always allowed to be a little sexy, plus you can experiment with different materials. Delicate lace or flowing chiffon? Absolutely. However, colorful prints are also a great choice for dinner attire.
- Your outfit for dinner is ready, but the close-fitting cut is still a cause for concern? Not a problem. Wearing a shaper under your sharply tailored dinner outfit will create a figure-hugging silhouette, a feel-good effect and give you more self-confidence. And don’t worry – even after your delicious meal, nothing will show.
- Think for a moment: Could you feel stress-free and get through a full course meal in light-colored gala dinner attire? Not a single stain is allowed to appear on the precious, light-colored fabric, and you can’t afford to make a single mistake. It’s not always the easiest task. That’s why dining in darker materials will always make you feel more relaxed. In a pinch, however, you can use your stole to conceal any minor mishaps on lighter-colored dresses.
- Glam up! Especially at formal occasions, it’s the glamor factor that makes women’s gala dinner attire so inspiring. Formal and festive fabrics have free reign to shimmer and glimmer, as you’re often competing with a beautifully laid table. But be advised: As a rule, most dress codes call for monochromatic gowns in muted tones.
- Sparkle, sparkle and sparkle some more... It doesn’t get more festive than Christmas dinner outfits. After all, even in winter, outfits for dinner should have a magical glow. This is where fabulous floral jacquards, gold tones and velvet are ideal. Whether you choose a classic cocktail dress or a spectacular jumpsuit or pantsuit is up to you.
- Let’s get the party started… Can I wear a party outfit to dinner? Yes! But only if the dinner is followed by a celebration. If the dress code calls for elegant dinner outfits, then your super sexy party look may feel a little out of place.
What to Wear to a Gala Dinner?
The gala dinner dress code can sometimes be a challenge. The dress should be formal and elegant yet comfortable enough for the gala dinner. It should look incredible for your grand entrance, possibly even your red carpet appearance, and at the same time you need to be able to sit in it for hours over several courses. At Talbot Runhof we know how important sophisticated cuts are, which allow you to sit comfortably and create a beautiful silhouette at the same time.
For this kind of setting, we recommend wearing fabrics with a percentage of stretch. The gala dinner dress made of glittering sequin fabric, for example, is extremely glamorous yet ensures you don’t feel constricted. Strategically placed draping gives you even more freedom of movement.
Naturally, these kinds of events usually call for elegant, floor-length gowns. Under some circumstances, however, simpler midi lengths are also considered acceptable. If you’re unsure, you can ask the organizer. Even with simpler dresses, you can always add a personal finishing touch with some fine jewelry.
Did we whet your appetite to get glamorous again and celebrate life with an unforgettable dinner? Then browse through our dinner outfits. We’d also be happy to advise you personally in one of our boutiques.