Styling Tips for Making an Entrance in Your Magical Ball Gown
- A festival of color: Unless otherwise specified by a dress code, all colors are allowed at all major traditional balls – whether you opt for a ball gown in red, a ball gown in black or a ball gown in blue is entirely up to you. You could also be bold and go with a radiant tulle ball gown along with accessories in a vibrant contrasting color for a modern look with a touch of extravagance!
- Long nights: The length of the ball gown is often even specified. A midi-length ball gown is quite acceptable at some events. Short ball gowns, however, are often frowned upon. It’s a good idea to learn more about the dress code on the event homepage beforehand.
- For luxurious ball gowns and floor-length evening gowns in general, it’s best to have the length altered after you have your shoes. A hem that is too long can end up being an unwelcome tripping hazard on the dance floor. Particularly with lace ball gowns, you run the risk of getting your heel caught in the fabric.
- In your comfort zone: If dancing is planned, then comfortable shoes are an absolute must for wearing with your elegant ball gown. Make sure they fit well and that the height of the heel is good for dancing. And just in case, ball experts always have emergency solutions in their clutches, such as blister bandages and gel insoles. And if the dress code allows, you could also think about choosing a medium-length ball gown – for more freedom of movement, especially for the evening.
- It can be the case with very formal balls that backless ball gowns, very tight or knee-length, figure-defining ball gowns or ball gowns with a high slit don’t comply with the dress code. It can be a good idea to go with a moderate slit and a somewhat understated look in this situation. A simple prom dress or a subdued ball gown with sleeves can be an excellent choice. A long, off-the-shoulder ball gown, on the other hand, shows a bit more skin, but always looks more understated and extremely elegant.
What Kind of Gown Will Suit My Figure Best?
Being a princessin a gorgeouslong ball gown – it’s a dream we all have. And there’s no need to worry, because there’s the right silhouette for every figure:
Tall women always look great in a ball gown with a mermaidskirt. It not only visually elongates the figure, but also creates a curvier silhouette. And that makes this cut an excellent choice if your waist isn’t very defined.
The classic fit & flare ball gown with a wide, flared skirt, in contrast, makes shorter women look taller by accentuating a slim waistline. This silhouette can also conceal wider hips.
The same effect can be achieved with an A-line ball gown. This design also automatically looks much more modern and cool, especially when you go with simple materials and linear cuts. Adding the right eye-catching accessories perfects the extravagant casual look.
Ready to see some absolutely gorgeous ball gowns? Perhaps the next major ball is right around the corner? Then we would like to invite you to discover our ball gowns in our online shop or to visit us at one of our boutiques in Munich, Düsseldorf, Berlin or Zürich. Regardless of whether you buy a sleeker prom dress with luxurious details or are looking for amagical, sparkling outfit for an enchanting night at the ball: Feel free to make an appointment ahead of time so nothing can come between you and your very own Cinderella moment.