Prom and Graduation Dresses: Styling Tips for your Grand Entrance
- Are you going to wear a dress or a jumpsuit to collect your graduation certificate? That depends on the program. If you’re going to be doing a lot of wild dancing, a short prom dress or a jumpsuit will give you all the freedom of movement you need. But if you’re attending an elegant ball, a long prom dress is a must. Glamorous midi dresses are a great compromise. They look amazing on any occasion and you can dance in them, too.
- The satin prom dress is perfect for more formal events. But don’t wear it if you’re attending a wild party because you risk ruining your precious gown. Tulle or light metallic jersey prom dresses are more robust and just as glamorous. Above all, they give you a dramatic look that’s perfect for an important occasion such as prom.
- And don’t forget to be cool! You can definitely go for a more informal look, especially at graduation events. Life is going to get serious soon enough. Even the more conservative designer prom dresses can be livened up with accessories. The rule of thumb is: juxtapositions and contrasts in style create stunning highlights.
- In terms of color, there are no restrictions when it comes to prom: prom dresses in black are always a safe bet. You can always finish off the look by accessorizing. If you’re feeling brave you can blaze a trail at your graduation party with bold colors. A red prom dress or a pink ball dress are distinctive, cool, and elegant, all at the same time. Top off the look with exciting color contrasts. How about a pair of pink heels? Blue prom dresses, on the other hand, are a traditional choice that are just as versatile as black, but a little less austere. And some sparkle is never amiss at a party. The prom dress with sparkle details will shower glamour on this important moment. Here you’ll need understated accessories because the glittering sliver gown will be the star of the show.
- Put the focus on the cut: an off-the-shoulder gown looks fresh, subtly sexy, and elegant. But if you want to make a bigger statement opt for the backless prom dress. It’s the most elegant way to show off more skin. The sleek, slim-fit, long-sleeved gown is both modern and ultra-chic. And the pale blue ball dress with extra-full skirt is absolutely enchanting. You’ll be feeling like Cinderella long after midnight strikes.
- Remember this: Whatever outfit you choose for your graduation – a dress, a casual jumpsuit, or even an elegant pant suit – don’t focus so much on the styling that you forget to have fun. It’s Your Day and Your Moment. If it makes you feel good, wear it. Sometimes, when you’re thinking about what to wear for prom, it’s best just to listen to your gut, or your heart.
The Question of all Questions: What Shall I Wear to Prom?
An elegant gown in Munich or a casual jumpsuit in Berlin – every graduation party is different! The organizer generally stipulates a dress code. But if they haven't set one, you’re spoiled for choice. The knee-length prom dress is perfect for evenings with a full line-up of speeches because a long gown can be constricting if you have to sit for any length of time. On the other hand, maxi dresses are a very glamorous look for any prom. Whatever you choose to wear, whether it’s a maxi prom dress or a graduation gown that you also intend to wear to your best friend’s birthday party – make sure you plan well in advance. Want to Get Years of Use Out of Your Dress? Then opt for a timeless design. Simple prom dresses can be restyled again and again.
What Kind of Gown Will Suit Me Best?
There are all kinds of things to consider when you buy a dress. Should it be a figure-hugging prom dress that shows off your curves or have a wider, figure-flattering silhouette? Do you want a prom dress with a high leg slit? Should it be a designer dress or simple and elegant satin gown? The most important thing is to try on all the different styles before you buy. Some people have an idea of their perfect look, only to discover that they feel most comfortable in an entirely different prom outfit.
Where Can You Buy Your Prom Dress?
You can buy short prom dresses in our web shop. In most cases, they only need minor adjustments. It’s best to buy long prom dresses in our boutique where our experts can advise and support you. They can pin your elegant tulle gown to exactly the right length and have the necessary alternations made. It’s always important to bring the shoes you’re going to wear along to the boutique with you so you can get the dress length right.
Have we given you some inspiration? Have you already got an idea of the prom outfit you’re looking for? Then discover our prom and graduation dresses! Shop online, visit us at our boutique or contact us if you have any questions or would like to make an appointment.
We can’t wait to help you find your dream dress for an unforgettable evening!