Styling Tips for the Mother of the Bride
- What color should the mother of the bride wear to the wedding? If there isn’t a dress code, you are always on the safe side with delicate pastels and beautiful floral prints. When it comes to your dress for the wedding, you as the mother of the bride traditionally have more freedom than other guests. The mother of the bride, unless it has been specifically requested otherwise, can even wear bright colors, such as red, to the ceremony. The colors that are obviously a no-go are white, cream and ivory.
- The material sets the tone: A luxurious designer mother of the bride dress in shimmering duchesse satin is a true classic, incredibly elegant and extremely versatile for wearing even after the wedding. Lightweight jacquards with a subtle metallic pattern, in contrast, have a more playful touch. However you wear it, an exciting cocktail dress for the mother of the bride at the wedding is a sure-fire fashion success.
- Feel free to flatter! An A-line mother of the bride dress makes problem areas disappear while also looking more laid-back than a figure-defining sheath dress. And should you prefer a figure-skimming mother of the bride dress, we’ve found that draping across the middle of body is a helpful detail. This always creates a beautiful silhouette.
- Talk to each other: It’s often helpful to involve your new relatives in the search for your dress. For the mother of the groom, it’s just as crucial to wear a festive outfit as it is for the mother of the bride. And it’s even better if you coordinate your looks with each other. This can help you avoid showing up as fashion twins at the wedding in identical knee-length mother of the bride dresses.
- When looking for festive dresses for mothers of the bride for a wedding, knee-length cocktail dresses are perfect any time of the year. Many mothers of the bride feel more comfortable in sheath dresses with sleeves. There are different lengths that you to choose from. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a mother of the bride dress with long sleeves that go down to the wrist. A lovely mid-length sleeve covers the upper arm just as well, but often looks much more relaxed.
What Should I Wear to the Wedding as the Mother of the Bride?
For a wedding as a civil ceremony, every mother of the bride in a festive pantsuit can count of looking fantastic. This look perfectly complements a daughter’s pretty cocktail wedding dress. You can be bold with a pantsuit and go for shimmering, festive materials such as satin or chiffon, and even opt for a vibrant color. An equally lovely option are beautiful sheath dresses for the mother of the bride. We recommend subtle materials in this case. For church and often festive weddings, you can certainly go for a more glamorous look – metallic materials and jacquards with striking patterns are an outstanding choice. As an outfit for church or a civil ceremony, a very short mother of the bride dress is not usually appropriate.
Tall women look particularly good in calf-length mother of the bride dresses made of satin or in a lovely, floral cloqué jacquard. This will make you look even more elegant. Short women can go for knee-length, midi mother of the bride dresses, which makes the classic, festive cocktail dress a great option. Fit & flare designs are perfect for creating a feminine silhouette with a slim waist.
Evening gowns for the mother of the bride are bound to impress with their slim, elegant cuts. It can be difficult, however, to find high-quality, long mother of the bride dresses with sleeves. A clever trick is adding a lightweight chiffon stole or a short, elegant jacket made of the same material. While breezy designs are perfect for mother of the bride dresses in summer, helpful additions can also be made to a mother of the bride dress in winter in the form of a coat or jacket. In this case, the accessories complete the outfit – and will keep you nice and warm.
Enjoy your daughter or son’s special day in radiant style and let the exclusive Talbot Runhof mother of the bride fashion inspire you. On your quest for the perfect mother of the bride outfit, our team would be happy to provide consultation at our Talbot Runhof boutiques and online.